Powers and duties of Oklahoma's attorney general
The attorney general of Oklahoma is elected by the people of Oklahoma and serves as the chief legal officer of the state.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
• Investigate and prosecute Medicaid fraud cases.
• Investigate and prosecute abuse of Medicaid patients in nursing homes.
• Lead Oklahoma's multicounty grand jury, which investigates a wide variety of cases, up to and including murder and racketeering. Prosecute some of the individuals indicted by the grand jury.
• Operate a Public Protection Unit that acts to protect vulnerable consumers from fraudulent, unfair or deceptive business practices.
• Oversee funding and certification for domestic violence programs across the state. Also, provide training for law enforcement officers, prosecutors and shelter workers.
• Investigate and prosecute workers' compensation and insurance fraud.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena