Prayer day events are planned throughout Oklahoma
National Day of Prayer activities are planned in cities throughout the state.
Prayer coordinators in cities across Oklahoma are planning
National Day of Prayer
Here is a listing of National Day of Prayer events scheduled for Thursday in the metro area. For a listing of more activities and events taking place around the state, go to www.nationaldayofprayer.org.
For a list of National Prayer Day events, see Page 2D.
Thus far, prayer services are planned at the state Capitol and in Norman, Lawton-Fort Sill,
Many of the prayer gatherings are planned outside government buildings such as courthouses and city halls, while the state Capitol's observance will be held on the
Other gatherings are scheduled to take place in city parks, churches, fairgrounds and private schools. A prayer event also is planned near the Survivor Tree at the Oklahoma City National Memorial &
The theme for the 61st National Day of Prayer is “One Nation Under God,” based on Psalm 33:12: “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.”
One of the most well-attended events, the state Capitol observance will feature state, military and business leaders who will pray for their areas of responsibility. Lloyd Smith, chairman of the National Day of Prayer Oklahoma Task Force, said Gov. Mary Fallin is scheduled to participate in the
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims