Pregnant Oklahoma City woman arrested on DUI complaint
A 29-year-old woman was arrested Thursday on complaints of driving under the influence of alcohol and child endangerment.
A pregnant Oklahoma City woman arrested last week on complaints of driving under the influence of alcohol and child endangerment told The Oklahoman she has a high-risk pregnancy and regrets drinking three beers before getting behind the wheel.
Melissa Dawn Boyer, 29, was arrested after someone called 911 about 9:30 p.m. Thursday and reported a vehicle swerving in the 9300 block of S Santa Fe Avenue.
Another driver called police and followed the swerving vehicle until it stopped because of a flat tire, police said.
Officers arrived and met with Boyer, who had slurred speech and was unsteady on her feet, according to the police report.
‘Mommy is sleepy'
She told officers she was five months pregnant and experiencing back pains. Police said Boyer also had her 5-year-old daughter in the vehicle with her at the time. The girl told officers at the scene, “I think my mommy is sleepy,” police said.
Boyer said in a phone interview Monday she had just dropped her husband off at a mechanic's shop to pick up his vehicle and was on her way home when she got lost and noticed the vehicle had a flat tire.
She said she has a high-risk pregnancy and felt sick earlier in the day. Boyer said she felt like she was going to have a seizure and kept fighting it.
“I don't know what happened that night,” she said. “My sugar levels had been off.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17917Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11872Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10569OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10552Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10275Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9958Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9874Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss