Prep basketball standout Stephen Clark signs with Oklahoma State
Douglass basketball star Stephen Clark signed his name several times Friday afternoon, celebrating the fact that he signed it one very important time on Nov. 21.
Videoview all videos
Nov 30Douglass High School's star point guard faxed his signed...
Photoview all photos
“He gets a lot of publicity for how he can score the basketball, but he is also a great passer and a great ballhandler,” Ford said. “He's a winner. His team has won three state championships, and are looking forward to trying to win a fourth.”
Clark has been heavily recruited since his freshman year with offers from top programs nationwide.
In August, he enrolled at Quest Prep in Las Vegas, a school that he felt would put him up against top national competition to prepare him for college.
However, the first-year school was slow to develop its program, and Clark moved home after just a few weeks.
He took three official visits in October as the family went back and forth on the best destination for his college career. Ultimately, Ford's loyalty through the recruiting process won out.
“It came down right to the end,” Clark said. “We talked to coach (Ford) about certain situations. He said everything was gonna be all right, and he had my back, so I've got his back.
“Coach Ford has been there through it all, and he can make me a better basketball player.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates