• Start with how you think and focus on the meaning of the celebration along with the festive food, activity and fun.
• Be realistic and don't try to lose weight during the holidays but instead focus on maintaining your current weight. Remember that if you have gained weight during the holiday season in the past, maintaining weight is an improvement.
• Maintain a regular balanced diet including breakfast, lunch and dinner with two or three small snacks throughout the day to prevent getting too hungry, which can lead to overeating at parties.
• Plan time for regular activity to make sure it happens. Enjoy walks, bike rides or a trip to the fitness center. This helps burn extra calories and is an outlet for managing stress.
• Once arriving at the party, check out the food before making selections.
Choose a petite portion of five or six foods you would most like to try.
Move away from the food table to another part of the room to visit with friends or to make new acquaintances.
Finally, whether you are hosting a party or offering a treat to share as a guest at a party you are attending, there are many delicious options.
We have three ideas for you to try.