Prince William says he wants 2 children with Kate
SINGAPORE (AP) — Prince William says he wants to have two children with his wife, Kate. The British royal has spoken often in the past about wanting to start a family but had not given specific numbers.
The revelation came Wednesday while the royal couple was touring Singapore. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are on a nine-day tour of the Far East and South Pacific in celebration of Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee.
"Someone asked him how many children he would like to have, and he said he was thinking about having two," student Corine Ackermann said, according to Britain's Press Association.
The royal couple also visited a Rolls Royce jet engine factory in Singapore, touring the complex and unveiling the first engine produced by the plant, which opened earlier this year.
It was the couple's second day in Singapore, the first stop on their tour. They'll also visit the Solomon Islands and Tuvalu.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 82322Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14350Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8268Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7560Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7513How to help tornado victims
- 6279Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5999Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community