Project of the Week: Storage bin is a kitchen necessity
Project of the Week: Don and Dave Runyan feature do-it-yourself projects.
A practical, convenient and attractive way to help keep produce fresh longer, this build-it-yourself storage bin unit is a true country classic. The project features wire mesh on the front of each bin, which allows air to circulate freely and creates a cool, dry environment that apples, potatoes and onions love.
Down below, two pullout bins measuring 10 inches deep by 15 inches wide have plenty of room to hold lots of produce. Up above, a flat shelf is just right for canned goods, dish towels or other dry goods.
Easy enough for beginners, the project is built from standard lumber (pine as pictured) and features full-size traceable patterns for the curves on the bins and base. To build, trace the pieces onto the wood, cut out and assemble using glue and nails. Next, sand and finish with stain or paint. Finally, attach the bins to the main cabinet with hinges and install the knobs. The project measures 40 inches tall by 19 inches wide by 12 inches deep.
The Storage Bins plan, No. 797, is $9.95 and includes step-by-step instructions with photos, full-size traceable patterns, construction diagrams, complete shopping list, cutting schedule and a toll-free telephone number to call with project questions.
A package of three plans for the country kitchen, No. C136, is $22.95 and includes this plan along with plans for a pie safe and an oak ice box. Please include $4 for postage and handling and allow about two weeks for delivery.
To order by mail, clip this article and send it with a check or money order to U-Bild Features, c/o The Oklahoman, 821B S Tremont St., Oceanside, CA 92054. To order by credit card, or to request a free catalog, call (800) 828-2453. Visit U-Bild on the web at u-bild.com.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense