'Promised Land' Hollywood propaganda
“Damon's film is reminiscent of Frank Capra” (Life, Jan. 4) is, at best, naive. “Promised Land” is propaganda aimed at stopping America's opportunity for energy independence. It's bankrolled by Image Media Abu Dhabi which, in turn, is owned by the government of the United Arab Emirates. It includes environmental threat claims that even the left-wing Environmental Protection Agency hasn't made. Most importantly, it uses fear of the unknown in order to scare people into forsaking their own best interests. This defines propaganda.
NewsOK Related Articles
Charles Wedemeyer, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims