* It's more true to the format that rules college baseball – from best-of-3 regular season series, to regional and College World Series play.
* No more meaningless games, which was the major drawback of pool play.
* It's designed as a better test of a complete team, with benches and pitching depth in higher demand.
* Teams secure in their postseason position that fall into the loser's bracket often cut bait and prepare for the next stage of the season, opting not to wear themselves out.
* The schedule for fans is always in flux, depending on who wins and loses. And with games lasting deep into the night/morning, it can be the next day before fans know when their favorite squad is playing next.
* Two if-necessary games tentatively scheduled for Saturday – meaning there might or might not be games. And we won't know until Saturday afternoon.
Cut pounds of stomach fat every week by using this 1 weird old tip.