Prosecutors charge man in Oklahoma County's first homicide of 2013
Prosecutors allege David Dean Nichols Jr., 40, stabbed Jenna Flippo, 35, multiple times; victim told police in November that Nichols had threatened her life
Nichols became irate and threatened the witness, who pulled into a convenience store about two blocks from the victim's house “to get the suspect out of the vehicle,” according to the affidavit.
Other witnesses told investigators they saw Nichols “covered in blood” when he arrived at their location, police reported.
Nichols told them he “got into a fight with two black males at the victim's house,” an officer wrote in the affidavit.
Witnesses called Nichols “a very violent individual who is bi-polar and was obsessed with how (Flippo) was living her life,” police said.
Nichols and Flippo had two children together but were separated, police said.
Court documents show Flippo had been abused in 2005 by Nichols, and she told police he threatened her in November.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 52918Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35454Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32552Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8890Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 7405Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5405Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4121OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins