Prosecutors file fourth charge against former Oklahoma State University student
Payne County prosecutors filed an additional sexual battery charge against a former Oklahoma State University student Friday afternoon. Nathan Cochran, 22, now faces four counts of sexual battery for three alleged incidents occurring between Nov. 3, 2011, and Aug. 15, 2012.
STILLWATER — Prosecutors filed a fourth charge of sexual battery Friday against an Oklahoma State University student accused of targeting male students while they slept.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Nathan Cochran, 22, now faces four counts of sexual battery in Payne County for three incidents occurring between Nov. 3, 2011, and Aug. 15, 2012.
The third charge alleges Cochran placed his hands on a male victim's leg and lower back and attempted to place his hands inside the man's pants without the man's consent while the man tried to sleep.
According to the charges, Cochran also told the victim, listed as John Doe in the charges, that he wanted to know what it was like to be with a man sexually.
While the new charge stems from an incident on a different date than those in the previous charges, it's unclear whether it represents a new victim. Prosecutors were unavailable for comment Friday.
The three previous charges stem from incidents in November 2011 and August 2012. The incidents occurred in an OSU dormitory and elsewhere in Stillwater, according to court documents. Cochran pleaded not guilty to the charges last month. He was released on bail.
In one of the previous incidents, a man told police Cochran groped him while he was asleep on Nov. 3, 2011, according to court documents.
A second man told police Cochran groped him on Aug. 15, 2012, while the man was asleep in Cochran's dorm room. The man told police he went to the bathroom and that Cochran sent him a series of panicked text messages, according to court documents.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena