Proxy firm endorses SandRidge Energy leadership
Advisory firm Egan-Jones Proxy Services has recommended SandRidge Energy Inc. shareholders stick with the company's current management in an ongoing proxy fight with hedge fund TPG-Axon Capital.
“In particular, the announced sale of the mature Permian assets for $2.6 billion will generate cash proceeds of over $1.4 billion in excess of the company's net investment, dramatically reducing the net debt balances and give the resources needed to fund growth in the Mississippian,” according to the firm's analysis.
Last week, advisory firm Institutional Shareholder Services recommended replacing five of SandRidge's seven board members with TPG-Axon's nominees.
Institutional Shareholder Services suggested leaving Ward in place until the newly organized board could select a new chief executive.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction