Proxy firm endorses SandRidge Energy leadership
Advisory firm Egan-Jones Proxy Services has recommended SandRidge Energy Inc. shareholders stick with the company's current management in an ongoing proxy fight with hedge fund TPG-Axon Capital.
“In particular, the announced sale of the mature Permian assets for $2.6 billion will generate cash proceeds of over $1.4 billion in excess of the company's net investment, dramatically reducing the net debt balances and give the resources needed to fund growth in the Mississippian,” according to the firm's analysis.
Last week, advisory firm Institutional Shareholder Services recommended replacing five of SandRidge's seven board members with TPG-Axon's nominees.
Institutional Shareholder Services suggested leaving Ward in place until the newly organized board could select a new chief executive.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater