PSG, Juventus win as Champions League resumes
Ezequiel Lavezzi scored in the 10th minute and Javier Pastore in the 43rd, giving Paris Saint-Germain a 2-1 win at Valencia on Tuesday night as the European Champions League's second round began.
Valencia's Adil Rami scored off a free kick from Tino Costa in the 90th. PSG star Zlatan Ibrahimovic was given a red card during injury time for a challenge on Andres Guardado and will be suspended for the second leg of the total-goals series in Paris on March 6.
At Glasgow, Juventus defeated Celtic 3-0 after errors by defender Efe Ambrose led to goals by Alessandro Matri in the third minute and Mirko Vucinic in the 83rd. Claudio Marchisio scored for the Italian champions in the 77th.
Real Madrid hosts Manchester United on Wednesday, when Borussia Dortmund is at Ukraine's Shakhtar Donetsk.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims