Public can comment on Oklahoma's A-F school grading rules
The public can comment on the A-F school evaluation system, which is undergoing an annual evaluation by the Oklahoma state Education Department.
Videoview all videos
Mar 6Th school board to suspend Scot Trower with pay pending...
Feb 22Ryal Public School is one of the poorest in the state,...
Photoview all 29 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“It's always so helpful to have fresh eyes look over a set of rules,” Richey said. “What's more beneficial than anything is the different perspectives.”
A team of staff members analyze the comments and determine whether changes should be made, shouldn't be made or can't be made, Richey said.
Because of the volume of input, state workers don't respond to comments.
Last year, when A-F was implemented, about 200 comments came in about the rules, Richey said.
“Obviously we received more public comment with A-F than any other rule,” Richey said. “I expect that to be the case this year, as well. Since I've been here, I think the public has been extremely engaged in all of our rules, not just the A-F rules.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?