Punting on bond issues not a responsible way to govern
NewsOK Related Articles
Our sense is that most of Shannon's constituents and his recalcitrant caucus members took out mortgages to pay for their homes, or used loans that they could repay to buy their cars or to repair/renovate their homes. Bond issues are the state's best vehicle to do the same thing with its infrastructure.
Waiting several years before passing one might be more palatable, but it would be no less disappointing.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister