Purdue's Danny Hope is this week's national college football coach on the hot seat
PURDUE-IOWA — Purdue coach Danny Hope needs three victories to be bowl eligible, and perhaps save his job.
Danny Hope coached 10 years at Louisville with Howard Schnellenberger, then followed the Colonel to OU, serving as the Sooner offensive line coach in 1995.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Then hope hooked up with Joe Tiller and became a Tiller disciple, so much so that Hope was designated the coach-in-waiting at Purdue and took over when Tiller retired after the 2008 season.
But in four seasons at Purdue, Hope is 19-27, including an 0-5 Big Ten record this year. The Boilermakers took Notre Dame to the mat in South Bend before losing 20-17 on Sept. 8. Since then, Purdue has beaten only Eastern Michigan and Marshall.
Purdue, 3-6, finishes the season with three weak Big Ten opponents: Iowa on Saturday, Illinois, Indiana. But only Indiana is at home. Hope needs three wins to be bowl eligible and perhaps save his job.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena