Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Some Cabinet members will enter the second term but leave midway through — if not earlier. Holder is on that list, as are Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar. Reno's critics were discouraged by her longevity, but she was one of four Clinton Cabinet appointees to stay on the job for eight years. By contrast, only Labor Secretary Elaine Cho stayed with George W. Bush for two full terms.
Purge of Cabinet secretaries not at all unusual
NewsOK Related Articles
As for Jackson, she will likely be replaced by someone with similar views, which is not good news for this country.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister