Two arrested after burglary, pursuit in northwest Oklahoma City
Two men are accused of stealing two dirt bikes from a northwest Oklahoma City home. Police chased one until he crashed. The man was taken to the hospital and later to the Oklahoma County jail.
Two men were arrested Thursday after police responded to a burglary call and chased one suspect until he crashed in northwest Oklahoma City, police reported.
Gevaunte Marion Ervin, 19, and Garard Lure Garrett, 18, were arrested in connection with the burglary.
The call of a burglary in progress came about 7:05 a.m. from 8217 NW 6, police said.
Two dirt bikes were stolen from the property, and police caught up with the suspects riding the bikes at NW 10 and Davis, police Master Sgt. Gary Knight said.
The suspects split up and an officer chased Ervin until he lost control of the dirt bike in the 9400 block of NW 10, Knight said.
Ervin was taken by ambulance to Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City in good condition, said Lara O'Leary, Emergency Medical Services Authority spokeswoman.
Police found Garrett in a condo near NW 8 and Davis, Knight said.
Ervin and Garrett both were taken to the Oklahoma County jail.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes