Putnam City's twin wrestlers motivated after last season's disappointment
Sophomores Keegan and Zach Moore expect better results this season. Moores' tutor is uncle Hardell Moore, an All-American at Oklahoma State.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Zach said he is back to 100 percent after he also missed the summer with an elbow injury while Keegan wrestled in the Junior & Cadet Nationals in Fargo, N.D.
“Last year I didn't get to (compete in state and nationals) and I sat up in the stands with the spectators, and that drives me to work even harder in the wrestling room because every time I'm down I remember that moment,” Zach said.
Ferguson said the twins are showing more maturity this season and he expects big things from them this season and in the future.
But for now that taste of last season is all that remains.
“You get that taste and it's not a good taste at all,” Hardell said.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims