Oklahoma City Thunder Q&A: Daequan Cook said first week of practice was intense, full of energy
Cook said twisted ankle feels good, has not caused any problems during camp
Free agent Andy Rautins said he wasn't scared to face you in a shoot-out from long range. Have you two gone at it yet?
“No, not really. We haven't had the opportunity to shoot together. We shoot at different times.”
Videoview all videos
Oct 9Topics this week include: OU football: back in the BCS...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
This is your third season here. Who has taken on the leadership role of this team?
“To be honest, a lot of guys are more vocal this year, and that's important. Almost anyone will lead by action, but a lot of guys are more vocal. We've got four or five new guys on the team, this year and we just want to teach them and make sure they know their roles on the team.”
How was the first week of practice?
“It was intense, a lot of energy, a lot of guys were all getting after it. We've seen a lot of progress, a lot of maturity on the floor and that's one of the biggest steps for us right now.”
How's your twisted (right) ankle?
“Feels good. Felt good out there today practicing, so it was no problem.”
Coach Scott Brooks said Monday's practice got pretty physical. Do you like it when it gets a little chippy out there?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater