Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A: Homer Laughlin China Company was founded in East Liverpool, Ohio, in 1871 by Homer and Shakespeare Laughlin. Homer bought out Shakespeare in 1877. In 1907, the company was sold to Louis Aaron and his sons and W.E. Wells. They continued to use the Homer Laughlin name and are still in business. Eggshell Georgian is the name of the shape and was introduced in 1937. Art Director Frederick Rhead designed the Georgian shape. It was decorated with many different patterns and some were embossed. “44N5” shows your dishes were made in 1944 in the Newell, West Virginia plant. Your dinnerware would probably be worth $300 to $400.
Q&A on Collecting: Porcelain vase is decorated with Asian scenes
Anne McCollam: Porcelain vase is decorated with Asian scenes
Address your questions to Anne McCollam, P. O. Box 247, Notre Dame, IN 46556. Items of a general interest will be answered in this column. Because of the volume of inquiries, she cannot answer individual letters.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 22333Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8521Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6853OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6505OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5318Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5086Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater