Q&A on collecting
Q: These ironstone mugs belonged to my mother. When we visited her, she always offered my husband a cup of coffee. She would get them out and ask him which one he wanted, the one with the saying "Party Guy” or the "Let’s Go Crazy” one. His choice always was "Party Guy.” After she died, we kept the mugs because using them made us remember the good times. Now, my husband gets out the mugs and asks the same question when our daughter-in-law visits. She defers to him and takes the "Let’s Go Crazy” mug; he is still the "Party Guy.” Marked on the bottom are the words: "Designed and Hand Decorated — Papel — Japan.” I would never part with them but would like to know their history.
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 21533Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17671Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12448Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9610Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9529Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9416Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8233Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense