Q&A: Thunder guard Reggie Jackson stays ready
Reggie Jackson has had a peculiar rookie season. Summer league was canceled and training camp was cut short because of the lockout, and he was injured during the preseason.
Videoview all videos
Jun 15LeBron James scored 32 points and made a key defensive...
Jun 15How are Thunder fans treating Heat fans? What are fans'...
Jun 15Miami holds off Oklahoma City in Game 2 of the NBA Finals...
Photoview all 145 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
He wasn't playing, then suddenly was the Thunder's backup point guard when Eric Maynor was lost with a season-ending injury.
After Oklahoma City signed veteran Derek Fisher, Jackson's gameday uniform became a suit and tie. He spent time with the D-League Tulsa 66ers.
During the regular season, Jackson appeared in 45 games, averaging 3.1 points and 1.6 assists in those contests.
Jackson spoke to The Oklahoman about his season and his role with the team during the playoffs.
Q: What's this ride been like for you?
A: It's been a roller coaster. I came in not knowing what was going to happen.
But it's been a good experience for me on the whole. I just took it in, learned what I can from Fish and from all these players. Not too many people can say they came in their rookie season and got to contribute as much as I did, and then got to be in the Finals. It's been fun for me.
What's your role with the team now?
When the coaches sit down every day and prepare, they ask me a few questions, and I have a few homework tasks I have to do. It's good for me.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'