Q&A: Thunder's Hollis Thompson: 'My strength is I can score'
Undrafted free-agent swingman eager to start his professional career in Oklahoma City.
What about some of your strengths and weaknesses?
My strength is I can score. I love to score. I love to play for my team. I can do a lot of things. And I've got weaknesses in all areas. I can get better in all areas. So I'm looking forward to playing basketball and getting better.
Is there a player that you've patterned your game after?
Not really one particular player. I think I take a little from whoever is good at something. I try to put that in my own game.
You underwent surgery for a sports hernia in July. How is the recovery going and where are you now?
It's going well. I'm still rehabbing. I'm getting better every day, so I'm excited to get back on the court. I don't know exactly the date (of my return), but I feel like I'm getting better every day and I'm feeling a lot better.
What are your expectations coming into training camp?
Honestly, I don't really have any. I know they expect me to come in every day and work hard and that's what I plan to do. Whatever they want me to do I'm happy to do it.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit