Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
How have you been able to be the most consistent offensive player through three games? I put a lot of time into my game this summer and tried to focus on being consistent. Last year, I was really inconsistent, and my time on the floor was really inconsistent. So I’m trying to make sure I can do my part. But it starts with defense. If I can get the job done defensively, my offense will come. Does a good preseason give you added confidence going into the regular season? Naturally, I think it would give anybody more confidence. But honestly, it’ll give me a lot more confidence if we can translate practice over to the games and start collecting wins and me seeing us improve. That would give me more confidence than anything.
Q&A with Damien Wilkins
How do you view your individual performance so far this preseason?I’m not surprised by it. But it’s not about me, it’s about the team and us trying to get better as a team. So far we really haven’t shown we’re improving as far as the game goes. We’ve got to start translating our efforts from practice over into the games. Once we start doing that, I’ll feel better about anything I’m doing.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes