Rahal Letterman Racing signs Jakes
BROWNSBURG, Ind. (AP) — Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing said Tuesday it has signed James Jakes and will pair him with Graham Rahal in a two-driver IndyCar team this season.
The 25-year-old Jakes will drive the No. 30 Honda and be sponsored by Acorn Stairlifts. It's the third IndyCar season for the Briton, who made 31 starts for Dale Coyne Racing from 2011-2012.
He earned two podiums in the GP2 Asia series (2008-2009) and two podiums in GP3 (2010), finishing eighth in the series standings.
Co-owner Bobby Rahal says the team has been building toward a two-car operation and it should be "more efficient and productive.
Graham Rahal, who signed on with his father after two seasons with Chip Ganassi, will drive the No. 15 Honda, driven last season by Takuma Sato.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law