Rain chances increasing in central Oklahoma

Rain chances are increasing in central Oklahoma. There is a chance for rain Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday, the National Weather Service reports.
FROM STAFF REPORTS Modified: August 23, 2012 at 10:22 am •  Published: August 23, 2012

Chances for rain in central Oklahoma are increasing Thursday, the National Weather Service reports.

There is a slight chance of rain Thursday afternoon and then a 40 percent chance for rain Thursday evening, Friday and Friday night. Saturday chances increase to 60 percent in central Oklahoma.

The Oklahoma City forecast is as follows:

Thursday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 p.m. Mostly sunny with a high near 91. South wind 9 to 18 mph with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Thursday night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy with a low around 69. South, southeast wind 11 to 15 mph with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Friday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy with a high near 86. South wind 11 to 17 mph with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Friday night: Rain and thunderstorms likely. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Mostly cloudy with a low around 72. South, southeast wind 10 to 15 mph with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.

| |

Advertisement


Trending Now



AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Conservative Activist Claims Women Paid The Same As Men Won't Find Husbands
  2. 2
    Report: Thunder to open playoffs on Saturday
  3. 3
    Former Sonics guard Gary Payton: Durant, Westbrook 'the new era'
  4. 4
    GOP consulting firm employee starts 'Boats 'N Hoes PAC'
  5. 5
    Why One Man Traveled Almost 3,000 Miles To Take On The Federal Government At A Ranch In Nevada
+ show more