Rams Amendola out after diving attempt
ST. LOUIS (AP) — St. Louis Rams receiver Danny Amendola injured his right shoulder on a diving attempt at a catch in the second quarter against Arizona on Thursday night. Just after halftime, the team said his return was doubtful, and then just a few minutes later ruled him out for the rest of the game.
A TV camera caught Amendola flinging his helmet into a wall with his left hand while walking in a tunnel, likely en route to an X-ray machine.
Amendola missed virtually all of last season after dislocating his left elbow in the opener.
The Rams also ruled out returns for safety Quintin Mikell (head) and linebacker Mario Haggan (thigh). Those two players had also been downgraded from questionable to doubtful right after the half.
Amendola had a 44-yard reception on the Rams' first drive, setting up a TD pass from Sam Bradford to Lance Kendricks. Amendola entered the game with 31 receptions, second in the NFL, with two TDs and an 11.3-yard average.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11641Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11150Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7658Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4653Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4189OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3570Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit