Rams waive WR Alexander injured
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Wide receiver Danario Alexander, a star at Missouri who has not been able to stay on the field in the NFL, has been waived/injured by the St. Louis Rams.
Alexander has had multiple surgeries on his left knee and has been dogged by a hamstring injury all summer, participating in a handful of practices and missing the first three preseason games. Alexander had 26 catches with two touchdowns and a 16.6-yard average last season in 10 games, five of them starts.
In a mild surprise, defensive tackle Trevor Laws was placed on injured reserve with a right patellar tendon issue. Like Alexander, Laws didn't practice much and did not appear in the preseason.
The 304-pound Laws, a former second-round pick of the Eagles in 2008, made one start for Philadelphia in both 2011 and 2010.
The Rams waived kicker Garrett Lindholm, fullback Todd Anderson, linebackers Noah Keller and Alex Hoffman-Ellis, defensive tackle John Gill, tight end Brody Eldridge, wide receivers Charles Gilbert and Brandyn Harvey, offensive lineman Kevin Hughes, offensive tackle Ryan McKee, running backs Calvin Middleton and Nick Schweiger, and long snapper Travis Tripucka.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?