Rangers claim Schmidt off waivers from Arizona
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Texas Rangers have claimed catcher Konrad Schmidt off waivers from the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The 28-year-old Schmidt played in four games for the Diamondbacks last season and spent the rest of the year at Triple-A Reno, batting .277 with seven home runs, 24 doubles and 47 RBIs in 93 games. He threw out 14 of 55 attempted base stealers, a 25.6 percent rate that was fifth-best in the Pacific Coast League.
In eight career major league games, Schmidt is 1 for 15 with two RBIs. The Ranges have added him to their 40-man roster, which now stands at 34 players.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15085Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9747OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6716Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5465Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5340OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5237Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5225Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash