Rangers knocked out of cup by Dundee United
GLASGOW, Scotland (AP) — Rangers was dumped out of the Scottish Cup by Dundee United on Saturday, losing 3-0 in the fifth round as the Glasgow side had two players sent off.
Johnny Russell scored after just 16 seconds, and again in 79th minute following Jon Daly's header in Jackie McNamara's first match in charge of United.
Rangers' day got even worse when Kal Naismith was sent off in the 86th for a challenge on Willo Flood, and Ian Black was dismissed two minutes later after picking up a second caution for a foul on John Rankin.
It was a rare match for Rangers against Scottish Premier League opposition this season after being forced to start again in the fourth tier after the club's financial implosion.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater