1. OU vs. Texas at Dallas, Oct. 2:
Maybe some year, this won't be the league's most-anticipated game. But not this year.
2. Texas at Nebraska, Oct. 16:
This might be No. 1, except it could be a matinee for a championship-game main event.
3. Nebraska at Texas A&M, Nov. 20:
Two Big 12 under-achievers who might be returning to luster.
4. OU at Cincinnati, Sept. 25:
Sooners are 20-17 in their last 37 games away from Norman, and Cincy is 16-2 at home the last three years.
5. Texas at Texas Tech, Sept. 18:
Tommy Tuberville gets his Big 12 baptism.
6. OU at Texas A&M, Nov. 6:
Sooners' 66-28 rout two years ago an aberration from College Station wringers.
7. Texas A&M vs. Arkansas at Arlington, Texas, Oct. 9:
Quarterback showdown. Jerrod Johnson vs. Ryan Mallett.
8. Florida State at OU, Sept. 11:
Jimbo Fisher era begins; opener vs. Samford doesn't count.
9. Texas Tech at Texas A&M, Oct. 30:
Even without Mike Leach, it's possible that no two schools in the league dislike each other as much as the Red Raiders and Aggies.
10. Nebraska at Washington, Sept. 18:
Two regal names in the sport are back on the upswing.
11. Texas A&M at Texas, Nov. 25:
'Horns have won 15 straight home games. Could this end the streak?
12. OU at OSU, Nov. 27:
Fewer games in America are more fun than Bedlam in Stillwater.
13. Georgia Tech at Kansas, Sept. 11:
Kudos to KU for getting back in the big-game business. Only other meeting came in 1948 Orange Bowl.
14. Nebraska at OSU, Oct. 23:
Hard to believe but Huskers haven't won in Stillwater since 1995.
15. UCLA at Kansas State, Sept. 4:
What's this? Bill Snyder playing a decent foe, and in the opener?
16. Texas A&M at OSU, Sept. 30:
Could be a season-maker for the Cowboys.
17. OU at Missouri, Oct. 23:
Most believe Mizzou will be North's second-best squad.
18. Kansas at Nebraska, Nov. 13:
Will Turner Gill become KU's Darrell Royal, inflicting repeated heartache on his own alma mater?
19. Missouri vs. Illinois at St. Louis, Sept. 4:
Great series that might need Mizzou's jump to the Big Ten to continue.
20. Georgia at Colorado, Oct. 2:
Bulldogs came to Stillwater last year, now Boulder.
21. Missouri vs. Kansas at Kansas City, Nov. 27:
Has become one of the league's best games. Last three years, scores of 36-28 (Mizzou), 40-37 (KU), 41-39 (Mizzou).
22. Houston at Texas Tech, Nov. 27:
Offenses of Dana Holgorsen and Mike Leach staged a wild 29-28 game last year in Houston, but neither is back this season.
23. Texas at Kansas State, Nov. 6:
KSU has a losing record against every Big 12 school except Baylor (6-1) and Texas (5-5).
24. Missouri at Texas A&M, Oct. 16:
If the Aggies prove to be mediocre, this list is bogus.
25. UCLA at Texas, Sept. 25:
Last time Bruins came to Austin, Longhorns lost 66-3, effectively ending the Mackovic Era.
26. SMU at Texas Tech, Sept. 5:
What seemed a laugher when scheduled could be thrilling. June Jones has rejuvenated the Mustangs.
27. Missouri at Nebraska, Oct. 30:
After losing 24 straight in the series, Mizzou has won four of seven from NU.
28. Utah at Iowa State, Oct. 9:
Cyclones could pull an upset against a respectable foe.
29. Nebraska at Kansas State, Oct. 7:
Sobering fact for KSU; even Bill Snyder is just 5-13 against Huskers.
30. Texas A&M at Kansas, Oct. 23:
Aggies have just four road games, including this one and Baylor.
31. Missouri at Texas Tech, Nov. 6:
Tech has been the league's most consistent winner this side of OU and UT, but is 1-5 vs. Mizzou in the Big 12 era.
32. Colorado vs. Colorado State at Denver, Sept. 4:
Dan Hawkins' future could ride on this one; he's 2-2 vs. Rams.
33. Kansas at Southern Miss, Sept. 17:
KU won 35-28 shootout last year.
34. Colorado at California, Sept. 11:
Man, Buffs have a tough schedule; 3-9 is a possibility.
35. Baylor vs. Texas Tech at Dallas, Oct. 9:
Bears played Tech tough two years ago in Lubbock and last year in Arlington.
36. Hawaii at Colorado, Sept. 18:
Rainbows' only other trips to a Big 12 school were to Lincoln, in 1955 and 1978.
37. Kansas State at Kansas, Oct. 14:
KU offensive coordinator Chuck Long goes against Snyder, his old offensive coach at Iowa.
38. Texas Tech at Colorado, Oct. 23:
In the Big 12 era, Tech is 4-9 against OU and 2-4 vs. Colorado.