The most-hyped Bedlam games in history:
1. 1984 at Norman: The 8-1-1 Sooners were ranked second by AP, third by the coaches. The 9-1 Cowboys were third in AP, second in the coaches poll. The Orange Bowl was on the line, though a national championship hinged on Brigham Young losing to mediocre Michigan in the Holiday Bowl. OU won 24-14.
2. 2010 at Stillwater: The 10-1 Cowboys were ranked ninth by the BCS, 10th by AP. The 9-2 Sooners were 14th in the BCS, 10th in AP. The South Division title was on the line and a berth in the Big 12 title game. No national championship implications. OU won 47-41.
3. 1987 at Norman: The 8-0 Sooners were ranked No. 1. The 7-1 Cowboys were ranked 12th. OSU still had hopes of a three-way tie for the Big 12 title, since OU still had unbeaten Nebraska left on the schedule. OU won 29-10.
4. 2008 at Stillwater: The 10-1 Sooners were ranked No. 3. The 9-2 Cowboys were ranked 12th in the BCS, 11th by AP. OU needed a victory to forge a three-way tie with Texas and Texas Tech for the South Division title and a possible berth in the national championship game. OU won 61-41.
5. 1988 at Stillwater: The 7-1 Sooners were ranked seventh by the coaches, eighth by AP. The 6-1 Cowboys were ranked 12th. OSU still had hopes of a three-way tie for the Big 12 title, since OU still had Nebraska left on the schedule. OU won 31-28.