Raptors' Amir Johnson suspended 1 game
NEW YORK (AP) — Toronto center-forward Amir Johnson was suspended for one game without pay by the NBA on Tuesday for throwing his mouthpiece at a referee in the Raptors' loss at Portland on Monday night.
Johnson and referee David Jones both tugged at the ball following a Portland free throw in the third quarter. After Jones ejected him and started to walk away, Johnson threw his mouthpiece in Jones' direction
Teammates had to restrain Johnson before he was escorted from the floor.
Johnson will miss Toronto's home game against Brooklyn on Wednesday night.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in