Raptors rookie Valanciunas breaks finger
TORONTO (AP) — Raptors rookie Jonas Valanciunas broke his right ring finger in the first quarter Friday night against Orlando.
Valanciunas grabbed his hand after battling for a loose ball under the Magic basket midway through the quarter. He was slow to get back on defense, and left the court wincing in pain when he was replaced by Amir Johnson. Valanciunas was taken for X-rays, which revealed the fracture.
Drafted fifth overall in 2011, Valanciunas played in Lithuania last season before joining the Raptors. He's averaging 8.1 points and 5.4 rebounds and has started all 28 games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15772Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12083Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10914OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9909Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9575Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8649Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8648Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated