Rare spider halts pipeline construction
The rare, federally protected spider that gained fame for stopping a highway project has also blocked a water pipeline.
With less than 1,500 feet to go, construction of a six-mile, $11 million pipeline was halted after the discovery of the endangered Braken Bat Cave meshweaver at Loop 1604 and Texas 151, the board of the San Antonio Water System was told Monday.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M