Country music superstars Rascal Flatts, which includes Picher-bred guitarist Joe Don Rooney, is releasing today their ninth studio album, “Rewind,” on Big Machine Records.
The album comes just as the lead single “Rewind” is nearing the top of the country radio charts.
As the best-selling country group of the past decade, the Flatts have debuted their last seven studio albums at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Albums chart, a rare feat only achieved by four other artists. They’ve sold more than 22.5 million albums, scored 14 No. 1 singles, sold over 28 million digital downloads and earned more than 40 industry accolades, including six consecutive wins as the Country Music Association’s Vocal Group of the Year.
Exploring new sonic territory, “Rewind” chronicles the joys and complexities of life. Spearheaded by bassist Jay DeMarcus, the Flatts co-produced more than half of the album with acclaimed producers Howard Benson and Dann Huff contributing to several of the 13 standard and four deluxe tracks. The extended version includes “Compass,” which was featured on April 16 in the Sony Pictures film “Heaven Is For Real,” based on the No. 1 New York Times best-selling book of the same name.
“Music has changed so much in the last few years and in order to stay relevant you have to change with it, but we also had to be true to ourselves,” says DeMarcus in a news release. “’Rewind’ is a combination of staying with what people know and love, the familiar Flatts, but also bridging the musical gap into today’s country music and pushing the envelope a little bit. There is a delicate balance and I think we’ve done a pretty good job. There are songs on the record where people are going to say, ‘That’s vintage Flatts! That’s what I fell in love with’ and a whole new generation of country music listeners are going to go, ‘Wow! I didn’t expect this from them!’”
The band’s tour in support of “Rewind” will include an Oklahoma show July 10 at the OKC Downtown Airpark. Sheryl Crow and Gloriana will be special guests on the date. For more information, go to www.facebook.com/OKCAirpark.
Also, the Flatts have several national TV and radio performances in addition to exclusive promotional events booked to celebrate the album release:
In-depth profile on “NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams”
(NBC, 5:30 p.m. Central)
Performance of “Rewind” on “The Voice”
(NBC, 7 p.m. Central)
Rascal Flatts Album Release Event presented by Citi
(Tickets available at CitiPrivatePass.com. The party at the famed Avalon nightclub in Los Angeles, 100 percent of ticket sales for this exclusive event will be donated to the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt in Nashville.)
“The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon ”
(NBC, 10:35 p.m.Central)
Friday, May 30
Toyota Concert Series on “Today”
(NBC, 7 a.m.)
Here is the “Rewind” track listing:
1. Payback (Aaron Eshuis, Neil Mason, Ryan Hurd)
2. Rewind (Chris DeStefano, Ashley Gorley, Eric Paslay)*
3. I Have Never Been To Memphis (Eric Holljies, Ian Holljies, Marcus Hummon)
4. DJ Tonight (Meghan Trainor, Jesse Frasure, Shay Mooney)*
5. Powerful Stuff (Gregg Wattenberg, Derek A. E. Fuhrmann, Brett James)
6. Riot (Jaron Boyer, Sara Haze)*
7. Night Of Our Lives (Ben Hayslip, Jimmy Yeary)
8. I Like The Sound Of That (Meghan Trainor, Jesse Frasure, Shay Mooney)*
9. Aftermath (Ben Caver, Megan Conner, Brian White)
10. I’m On Fire (Sean McConnell, Tobias Lundgren, Johan Fransson, Tim Larsson)*
11. Life’s A Song (Jeffrey Steele, Brandon Hood, James Slater)**
12. Honeysuckle Lazy (Neil Thrasher, Tom Shapiro, Shane Minor)*
13. The Mechanic (Jaren Johnston, Tony Lane)*
14. Compass (Diane Warren)*
15. Wildfire (James Ryan Ho, Christopher Breaux)**
16. She Must Like Broken Hearts (busbee, Jay DeMarcus, Gary LeVox, Joe Don Rooney)*
17. Bring The Family (Regie Hamm, Tim Akers, Chase Akers)
Produced by Howard Benson
*Produced by Jay DeMarcus and Rascal Flatts
**Produced by Dann Huff and Rascal Flatts