Rasmus, Hunter, Kottaras agree to deals
NEW YORK (AP) — Toronto outfielder Colby Rasmus, Baltimore pitcher Tommy Hunter and Oakland catcher George Kottaras agreed to one-year contracts, leaving 133 players eligible to file for salary arbitration Tuesday.
Rasmus gets $4,675,000 under Monday's agreement, Hunter $1.82 million and Kottaras $1 million.
San Francisco catcher Buster Posey, Atlanta outfielder Jason Heyward, Boston outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, Chicago Cubs pitcher Matt Garza and Giants outfielder Hunter Pence are among those eligible to file.
Players and teams are scheduled to swap proposed salaries Friday, and hearings before three-arbitrator panels will take place next month in Phoenix.
Most cases will settle before they go to hearings, and some players eligible for arbitration already have agreed to contracts. Tampa Bay pitcher David Price, the AL Cy Young Award winner, reached a one-year agreement for $10,112,500.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates