Saturday's Bedlam football game at Stillwater produced strong TV ratings locally and nationally. KOCO-5's telecast got a 45.5 rating (percent of TV homes) and 67 share (percent of TV audience), including a 49 rating and 72 share for the final quarter-hour. It was the third highest Bedlam rating since Oklahoma City became a metered market in 1999, trailing only a 48.7 in 2003 and 47.3 in 2004. ABC's telecast had a national rating of 4.7 with 7.2 million viewers, well above the network's prime-time average of 3.5 with 5.8 million viewers for 12 broadcasts. The Thunder's four telecasts last week on Fox Sports Oklahoma averaged 9.6, topped by 10.1 each for games at Portland on Wednesday and New Orleans on Friday.
Sports events Dec. 2-9
1. Oklahoma at Oklahoma State, college football, Saturday, KOCO-5, 45.5.
2. Seattle at San Francisco, NFL, Sunday, KOKH-25, 13.5.
2. Detroit at Philadelphia, NFL, Sunday, KOKH-25, 13.5.
4. Texas at Baylor, college football, Saturday, KOKH-25, 10.9.
5. Ohio State at Michigan State, Big Ten championship, Saturday, KOKH-25, 10.7.