Ratings watch: KWTV-9 shatters Oklahoma City ratings record for Super Bowl with 52.1
CBS' telecast was third most-watched event in U.S. history with 108.4 million people
KWTV-9's 52.1 rating broke the Oklahoma City record for the Super Bowl, topping KOKH-25's mark of 49.6 in 2011. The rating for the telecast, which peaked at 57.7 and a 74.1 share at 9:15 p.m., excluded the 34-minute power failure, which averaged 50.6. CBS' telecast was the third most-watched event in U.S. history with an estimated 108.4 million people, trailing 111.3 million people for the Super Bowl in 2012 and 111 million for the game in 2010.
Sports events Jan. 29-Feb. 4
1. Super Bowl XLVII, Baltimore vs. San Francisco, Sunday, KWTV-9, 52.1.
2. Memphis at Oklahoma City, NBA, Thursday, FSOK 10.5, TNT 3.7, 14.2 total.
3. Oklahoma City at Cleveland, NBA, Saturday, FSOK, 11.4.
4. Dallas at Oklahoma City, NBA, Monday, FSOK, 11.0.
5. Oklahoma State at Kansas, men's basketball, KOCB-34, 5.0.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law