KWTV-9's 52.1 rating broke the Oklahoma City record for the Super Bowl, topping KOKH-25's mark of 49.6 in 2011. The rating for the telecast, which peaked at 57.7 and a 74.1 share at 9:15 p.m., excluded the 34-minute power failure, which averaged 50.6. CBS' telecast was the third most-watched event in U.S. history with an estimated 108.4 million people, trailing 111.3 million people for the Super Bowl in 2012 and 111 million for the game in 2010.
Sports events Jan. 29-Feb. 4
1. Super Bowl XLVII, Baltimore vs. San Francisco, Sunday, KWTV-9, 52.1.
2. Memphis at Oklahoma City, NBA, Thursday, FSOK 10.5, TNT 3.7, 14.2 total.
3. Oklahoma City at Cleveland, NBA, Saturday, FSOK, 11.4.
4. Dallas at Oklahoma City, NBA, Monday, FSOK, 11.0.
5. Oklahoma State at Kansas, men's basketball, KOCB-34, 5.0.