CBS' coverage of the NCAA men's basketball championship Monday earned a 17.0 on KWTV-9, a 9 percent increase over last year's game between Kentucky and Kansas. Nationally, the final had a fast-national rating of 14.0, up 14 percent from last year. Overall, the tournament averaged 10.7 million total viewers, up 11 percent from last year's 9.6 million viewers. The Thunder also had a good week with a 16.1 against San Antonio on Thursday — the team's best TNT rating this season — and a 14.6 against New York on Sunday on KOCO-5.
Sports events April 2-8
1. Louisville vs. Michigan, NCAA men's basketball final, Monday, KWTV-9, 17.0.
2. San Antonio at Oklahoma City, NBA, Thursday, TNT, 16.1.
3. New York at Oklahoma City, NBA, Sunday, KOCO-5, 14.6.
4. Michigan vs. Syracuse, NCAA men's basketball semifinal, Saturday, KWTV-9, 12.5.
5. Louisville vs. Wichita State, NCAA men's basketball semifinal, Saturday, KWTV-9, 11.3.