Ratings watch: Peyton Manning's return helped NBC set 'Sunday Night Football' ratings record with 16.5
Steelers-Broncos telecast earns 17.1 on KFOR-4
Peyton Manning's return to the NFL was a ratings bonanza for NBC as the Pittsburgh Steelers-Denver Broncos telecast on NBC was the highest-rated “Sunday Night Football” game ever and tied the 2010 NFL Kickoff opener (Minnesota-New Orleans) as the highest-rated regular-season game ever on NBC with a 16.5 rating. The game earned a 17.1 rating on KFOR-4 to top the week. In a noon Sunday duel of games involving former OU stars, the St. Louis-Detroit game with Sam Bradford on KOKH-25 routed the Jacksonville-Minnesota game with Adrian Peterson on KWTV-9, 9.0-5.4. A rating was not available for the Pac-12 Network's coverage of the OSU-Arizona game late Saturday night.
Sports events Sept. 4-10
1. Pittsburgh at Denver, NFL, Sunday, KFOR-4, 17.1.
2. Dallas at N.Y. Giants, NFL, Wednesday, KFOR-4, 16.1.
3. San Francisco at Green Bay, NFL, Sunday, KOKH-25, 12.8.
4. St. Louis at Detroit, NFL, Sunday, KOKH-25, 9.0.
5. San Diego at Oakland, NFL, Monday, ESPN, 6.5.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister