The Thunder’s 106-94 victory over San Antonio on Thursday, snapping the Spurs’ 19-game winning streak, topped Oklahoma City TV ratings last week with a combined 14.2 rating. Ratings for the NCAA men’s basketball final were down 23 percent from last year with a 13.1 on KWTV-9.
The NCAA semifinal “teamcasts” were popular, with many fans leaving the main broadcast on TBS. The Kentucky-Wisconsin game got a combined 10.0 with a 4.8 on TBS, 3.3 on TNT (Kentucky broadcast) and 1.9 on truTV (Wisconsin broadcast). The Connecticut-Florida game got a combined 7.1 with a 4.1 on TBS, 2.5 on TNT (Florida broadcast) and 0.5 on truTV (Connecticut broadcast).
Sports events Apri1 1-7
1. San Antonio at Oklahoma City, NBA, Thursday, FSOK 8.0, TNT 6.2, combined 14.2.
2. Connecticut vs. Kentucky, NCAA men’s basketball championship, Monday, KWTV-9, 13.1.
3. Oklahoma City at Houston, NBA, Friday, FSOK 7.6, ESPN 4.3, combined 11.9.
4. Kentucky vs. Wisconsin, NCAA basketball semifinals, Saturday, TBS 4.8, TNT 3.3, truTV 1.9, combined 10.0.
5. Oklahoma City at Phoenix, NBA, Sunday, FSOK, 8.6.