There were undoubtedly were some sleepy heads Friday morning in Oklahoma following the Thunder’s series-clinching victory over the Los Angeles Clippers, which didn’t end until around 12:30 a.m. Even at that late hour, the game earned a huge 25.4 rating (percent of TV homes) and 54 percent share of the audience on ESPN, including a 26.1 rating and 58 percent share at 12:15 a.m. The six-game series averaged a 23.8 rating, an 8 percent increase over last year’s five-game, second-round series against the Memphis Grizzlies.
Sports Events (May 13-19)
1. Oklahoma City at L.A. Clippers, NBA playoffs, Thursday, ESPN, 25.4.
2. L.A. Clippers at Oklahoma City, NBA playoffs, Tuesday, TNT, 23.8.
3. Miami at Indiana, NBA playoffs, Sunday, KOCO-5, 9.0.
4. Preakness Stakes, horse racing, Saturday, KFOR-4, 8.2.
5. Indiana at Washington, NBA playoffs, Thursday, ESPN, 6.4.