The U.S. team’s 2-2 tie Sunday with Portugal in the World Cup topped the Oklahoma City TV ratings for the week with a 6.2 mark on ESPN. The telecast did even better nationally with a 9.6 rating and 18.2 million viewers as the most viewed soccer match ever in the U.S.
Sports events June 17-23
1. U.S. vs. Portugal, World Cup, Sunday, ESPN, 6.2.
2. Belgium vs. Russia, World Cup, Sunday, ESPN, 3.3.
2. U.S. Women’s Open fourth round, golf, Sunday, KFOR-4, 3.3.
4. Germany vs. Ghana, World Cup, Saturday, ESPN, 3.0.
5. Uruguay vs. England, World Cup, Thursday, ESPN, 2.8.