* The game was good, but the best part of the night was in pregame, when Jennifer Hudson and the Sandy Hook Elementary School choir sang “America the Beautiful.
Great song. Great tribute to the Sandy Hook victims. Great scene, with John Harbaugh standing next to his young daughter.
The NFL hits a lot of home runs. Few went farther than this one.
* But why didn't Hudson sing a different verse of “Beautiful”? Great song, with multiple great verses.
* The Ravens are old school. Tough team. Hard-nosed. Their own marching band. And even acrobatic cheerleaders — males tossing females into the air.
* The 49ers trotted some funky formations, including a fullhouse backfield lined up diagonally. And that counter sweep for a Frank Gore was gorgeous.
NFL defensive coordinators know how they will spend the off-season.
Watching ton of 49er tape.
* Don't Forget This Play I: Ed Reed's blitz on the 49er 2-point conversion early in the fourth quarter. That kept the 49ers from a tie, and thus made them need a touchdown, not just a field goal, on the final drive.
* Don't Forget This Play II: Flacco's audible on third-and-inches from the Raven 45-yard line, midway through the fourth quarter. Flacco threw a back-shoulder, 15-yard strike to the well-covered Anquan Boldin, setting up a Raven field goal.
Berry Tramel: Berry can be reached at (405) 760-8080 or at email@example.com. He can be heard Monday through Friday from 4:40-5:20 p.m. on The Sports Animal radio network, including FM-98.1. You can also view his personality page at newsok.com/berrytramel.