Rays send 3 young pitchers to minors
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. (AP) — The Tampa Bay Rays have optioned right-hander Chris Archer and two other young pitchers to Triple-A Durham.
Archer started four of six games he appeared in last season — going 1-3 with a 4.60 ERA — and was competing in spring training with Roberto Hernandez and Jeff Niemann for the fifth spot in the rotation.
Left-hander Alex Torres and right-hander Jake Odorizzi also were optioned to Durham on Tuesday. Odorizzi was one of four minor league prospects the Rays obtained from Kansas City in a trade that sent pitchers James Shields and Wade Davis to the Royals this winter.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law