Reaction to Jerry Buss' death
"As an NBA owner, Dr. Buss was in a league of his own. I loved listening to his stories and appreciated his willingness to always engage in discussion and offer me positive encouragement and advice. He will be greatly missed." — Phoenix Suns managing partner Robert Sarver.
"Condolences to the Buss family. Dr Buss was not only the greatest sports owner, but a true friend & just a really cool guy. Loved him dearly." — Lakers Hall of Fame forward James Worthy.
"RIP Jerry Buss. Your encouragement and support along with your stories of staying true to yourself had an enormous impact on me." — Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.
"Dr. Jerry Buss was a cornerstone of the Los Angeles sports community and his name will always be synonymous with his beloved Lakers. It was through his stewardship that the Lakers brought 'Showtime' basketball and numerous championship rings to this great city. Today we mourn the loss and celebrate the life of a man who helped shape the modern landscape of sports in L.A." — Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.
"My thoughts and prayers are with the Buss family. Dr. Jerry Buss was like a Dad to me and is a tremendous loss to (at)Lakers fam." — former Lakers forward Dennis Rodman.
"What a visionary. What a leader. What a friend. Rest in peace Dr. Buss." — former Lakers forward A.C. Green.
"RIP to the legend Jerry Buss." — Oklahoma City forward Kevin Durant.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated