The following recall has been announced:
MAGNET DESK TOYS
DETAILS: High-powered magnet desk toys imported by Reiss Innovations LLC of Manchester, Conn., and manufactured by Global Goler Co. Limited of Guangdong, China; sold exclusively at Amazon.com and Dynocube.com from July 2011 through April 2012. The high-powered magnet sets were sold under the DynoCube.com brand name for use as a novelty item or desk toy. Each set contains 216 small, silver-colored, spherical magnets that are approximately 5 millimeters in diameter.
WHY: When two or more magnets are swallowed, they can link together inside a child's intestines and clamp onto body tissues, causing intestinal obstructions, perforations, sepsis and death. Internal injury from magnets can pose serious lifelong health effects.
INCIDENTS: Reiss Innovations has received no reports of incidents or injuries.
HOW MANY: About 500.
FOR MORE: Contact Reiss Innovations at 866-212-8314 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, or visit the firm's website online at http://www.dynocube.com .
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims